Information relating to press sector :
Celebration of the National Press day:
- In a message read by the Minister of Communication, Spokesman of the Government and Acting Minister of Culture, Mr. Hassane Rabehi, on the occasion of National Press Day, the Head of State, Abdelkader Bensalah welcomed "the effort made by the public and private information sector, the print, audiovisual, radio and electronic press, calling on professionals in the sector to devote media professionalism, particularly in the upcoming presidential election of December 12th. He also recalled that the Algerian press has always been closely linked to the commitment to great national causes because of the loyalty of journalists to their profession and their fidelity to their homeland, reported El Moudjahid (P.03). and Horizons (P.04).
- former figures of the national press, some of them posthumously, were honored in Algiers on the occasion of the National Press Day in the presence of the Minister for Communication, Hassane Rabehi, government spokesman and acting Minister of Culture, said El Moudjahid (P.04).
- El Moudjahid (P.03) and Horizons (P.24) review yesterday’s award ceremony for the "President of the Republic prize of Professional Journalist" in its 5th edition, with the theme "The virtues of dialogue", under the aegis of the Head of State and in the presence of members of the Government, and the distinction of the winners who have been selected in the various media categories, namely the print media audiovisual, radio, electronic and caricature, A total of 126 works, were submitted to the jury.
- The headquarters of the city of Batna press center will be received during the next days, noted yesterday, the wali, Farid Mohamedi, stresses El Moudjahid (P.04).
- On the occasion of the national press day, Algérie Télécom sends its best wishes to all Algerian journalists, reports La Nouvelle République (P.05).
- Yesterday, a delegation from the DGSN paid a friendly visit to the Director-General of DK News, conveying the greetings of the Director-General of National Security on the occasion of the National Press Day, publishes DK News (P.24).
- On this same occasion, the Walis of Algiers, Sétif, Tlemcen, Oran and the Secretary-General of the Wali of Mostaganem held yesterday receptions in honor of journalists from different media in the local press.
- The General Inspector of the Ministry of Communication, Mr. Ahmed Benzlikha, announced, Tuesday in Algiers, the organization of workshops to examine the legal aspects related to the social situation of journalists in order to defend their legitimate socio-economic rights and support them in their noble mission, reported El-Moudjahid (P.04) and Horizons (P.24).